Friday, July 20, 2012

Believing.....faith.....good works? How does it all work anyways? Part 2

Faith! Probably one of the most thrown around words of a believer! What does faith actually mean and what does it look like? Hebrews 11:1 tells us that Faith is being sure of what you hope for and believing in what you do not see.
I have faced so many moments where I had to believe in the unseen and act on faith that I would make it!
I was extremely sick growing up and never realized how important my faith was until I was told I was dying at the age of 21.  Faith can really be put to the test....but how else is our Faith muscle exercised??  There would be no other way for God to reveal himself to us as human beings without creating or allowing circumstances to believe in Him and what He is able to do.  If you are anything like me, when things are going great, God becomes smaller, but when disaster hits....uh oh, where is God?  God help me??!!!  We begin to seek and find answers to Gods will, that only He can provide, because He is faithful even when we are not.  We serve a mighty and all knowing God....what doesn't make sense to us...WILL to HIM!
I would love to say that I never let worldy places and worldy people get involved in my faith, but those are the hardest influences to keep out of our decisions about what we believe!  I would also love to say that just believing in GOD of the bible was enough, but it is not! We must learn what the bible says...it IS God Himself who spoke the words and orchestrated what happened in the bible.  The sooner we let ourselves have faith that that is the way it is... the sooner we can obey the word and let it come alive in our lives.  There is no other way to increase your faith, but through obedience to His word.  The more word you have the easier it becomes to make faith based actions. 
The more I am out of the word, the harder it becomes to hear Gods voice about what He wants me to do.  I am there now!  I have not filled myself daily with what He wants for my life so the things I am facing are seeming impossible to do.  They are not I know, but because it is Gods will that I am searching for, these temporary highs of life and valleys of life are not satisfying my goal of having Gods perfect will in my life.  I love the people and places in my life and let that take hold of my daily living instead of learning first what God wants me to do today.  It takes daily giving up yourself and daily taking of Gods self to accomplish the full view of Gods love in our lives. 
To receive the Faith that moves mountains begin with Gods word daily and He will tell you what to pray, where to go, who to love and bring others into your life that will increase your faith...not destroy it!!! 
God bless you today and may the God of love fill your heart with the desire to love and seek him daily! Pray for me as I will be praying for you!!!!!!!

1 comment: